The bell tower is a massive Late-Renaissance structure with an interesting “cut out” pattern on top.
The massive, free-standing Renaissance bell tower is one of the largest in Moravia, and the only one preserved in its original form. This square tower is 24 metres high and 9.7 metres wide, with a sun-dial on its front face. The bell tower was built in 1609 to house the new bell, Michael, which was too heavy for the steeple of the nearby Parish Church of St. James. Today the tower houses three bells of various ages and sizes: James (1464), Michael (1604) and Barbara (1695).
Bell tower tours: reservations in the Tourist Info Centre–part of the tour of town landmarks (Mon–Sun at 10am and 2pm)