Church of the Birth of the Virgin


Konice

The church neighbours the Konice chateau. Its present-day appearance dates back to 1699–1709, when the Konice domain belonged to the Premonstratensian Order from Hradisko Monastery in Olomouc.

The church is a single-aisled building with a recessed, enclosed chancel. There are chapels on both sides of the nave: the Holy Trinity Chapel and the Chapel of the Virgin Mary of Suffering, with the tombstones of the Lords of Švábenice and the stucco tomb of Johann Georg Hofmann. The most valuable item in the church is the wooden pulpit with carved statues of the Apostles, culminating in the figure of Christ.

Turistické informace


798 52 Konice