This Baroque chateau was built in 1703–1705 by the Olomouc architect, Lukas Glöckel, on the order of the abbot of the Premonstratensian order.
The western wing of the building with its square-shaped courtyard houses the most precious part of the Konice Chateau - the dining hall of the brethren. Its ceiling is decorated by a large fresco "The Dining of the Holy Family", painted by Johann Georg Etgens in 1725-33.
Nowadays the chateau serves for the representative purposes of the city of Konice and its premises serve as a venue for exhibitions, concerts and other cultural events. The ground floor houses a permanent exhibit of local customs and trades with numerous rare items showing separate trades such as smithcraft, millery, tailoring, brewery, etc.