A plague pillar decorated with the statues of seven patron saints was erected on the square in 1724 in memory of the end of the plague that struck the town in 1714.
St. Sebastian and St. Roch are located on the corners nearest the town hall. St. Carlo Borromeo with a book and crucifix and St. Francis Xavier are found on the opposite side. Both of these individuals formerly cared for the ill during plague epidemics. The pillar is crowned by a statue of the Virgin Mary; statues of St. Pauline and St. Rosalie are located beneath her.